Kenya- The opportunity
- Kenya is the largest economy in the region- According to the IMF, the current and forecast GDP and GDP per capita are higher than Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania
- International companies that have their continental headquarters that are in Kenya are Google, IBM, Toyota, CocaCola, Standard Chartered, Microsoft
- Due to the wide democratic space and despite close elections, Kenya is considered one of the most politically stable countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Kenya is part of the East African Community (EAC), an intergovernmental organisation along with Burundi, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda. The EAC is a free trade area that now includes member states from COMESA and SADC
- Kenya has the best trade links in the whole of Eastern and Central Africa. Nairobi airport is the busiest airport in the region and Mombassa port is the busiest trade port.
- There is an extremely strong private sector that has developed in Kenya because of market-friendly policies.
- Kenya is the highest trading country in the region making up 37% of trades
- Silicon Savanah (officially called Konza) is the technology city outside Nairobi and makes Kenya the tech hub of Africa
- The Foreign Investors Act of 1964 protects foreign investors and allows repatriation of earnings
- Kenya is ranked number one in the world for mobile money
- Vision 2030 was created by the Kenyan government to help strategise their growth and development. This is already on its way and meeting its targets
- The number of US$ Millionaires in Kenya is growing at double the global rate. By 2024 the number will have increased by 74%
Don't miss out and book your space now
Exhibiting at Securexpo East Africa offers a great return on your investment. You can meet hundreds of potential buyers in one place and in three days. No other form of marketing can do this.Book your stand now