FIRE DETECTION AND CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES CAN HELP REDUCE INJURY AND DAMAGE
The fire at Ngara Girls High school in Nairobi on Saturday evening caused anxiety and panic among parents and the country at large. The fire which happened while students were attending their preps caused massive damage to property but no serious injuries were reported.
The fire brings memories of other incidents that have happened in the past including a fire at the Moi Girls High School in on 2nd September, 2017 where nine students died.
According to reports, the fire at Ngara Girls School was reported by the matron who noticed smoke coming from the Emerald dormitory which accommodates 80 students. The fire was eventually contained by Nairobi Fire Services but not before it had destroyed property of unknown value. Two students were treated for shock...
Read the full article via HSE East Africa